Login Monday, January 18, 2021
  Search  
Sport Strength Training Methodology   Minimize

New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Volleyball Player/ increase performance
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 11/23/2007 9:06 AM
  snkbrazil
2 posts
No Ranking

Volleyball Player/ increase performance 

Good Day Dr. Verkhoshanski how are you doing?

I am so glad that there are people in the world like you, wishing to help the others with such a amazing knowledge, thanks. I was wondering with you could guide me to use your methods to have a better athletic performance in overall.

I am a volleyball player from Brazil but I am playing in the main division in the USA called NCAA Division I. With my height of 1,89 meters the biggest issue for me is jumping high so I can be at the same level of 2 meters + players.I used to be a average jumper when I decided to workout to gain more vertical jump.

My stading reach is 2,47 meters and before I started working out my spike approach was 3,24 meters that leads to a 77cm jump. I had no guidence or anything just started lifting heavy weights for my legs in general machines at the gym. After one year of lifting and a lot of playing time my reach went up to 3,33m that leads to a 86cm jump.

After reading about your methods I really think I can improve more my athletic ability. If with no guidence I have some improvement, with your help I believe I will be able to fly :).

Please if you have time available and could help with any type of workout/schedule I would really appreciate and I could update you with the results.

Thank you very much

Marcus Santos Brazil/USA

New Post 11/30/2007 4:58 PM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: Volleyball Player/ increase performance 

Dear Marcus Santos,

you can find the training schedule in my books Shock Method (only Italian and Spanish edition) and SST Manual for coaches, but I am sure that the best workout schedule for volleyball players, elaborated on the base of my methodological approaches, has been developed by my friend Nils Holmdhal.

You can have a contact with him through  his site  http://www.plyotruth.com.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

New Post 12/1/2007 1:03 AM
  snkbrazil
2 posts
No Ranking

Re: Volleyball Player/ increase performance 

Dear Prof. Verkhoshansky,

thank you very much for the information and your time. I am looking at the website right now.

Have a great day

Marcus Santos

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Volleyball Player/ increase performance