Login Monday, January 18, 2021
  Search  
Sport Strength Training Methodology   Minimize

New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  speed training for hight level athletes
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 11/23/2007 11:54 AM
  rrheyn
3 posts
No Ranking

speed training for hight level athletes 

Dear Prof Yuri Verkhoshansky,

In that articles page 11, you mentioned about "the use of a luminous indicator".

can you explain more about this ? has it something to do with visualisationtechniques ?

Thanks,

Robert Heynderickx

Belgium

New Post 11/30/2007 5:02 PM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: speed training for hight level athletes 

Dear Robert Heynderickx,

“the luminous indicators” are sensorial stimulators (speed leaders) that establish the running steps rate increasing  and the optimal relation between the steps rate and the steps length.

For the sensorial stimulation could be used not only the visible signals (the lamps light frequency ) but also the audio signals (the music rhythm).  

Yuri Verkhoshansky

New Post 12/1/2007 5:58 PM
  rrheyn
3 posts
No Ranking

Dear professor Verkhoshansky,

Do you mean that this signals are common used music or do you mean special individual ritmics like on the frequence from a metronome and same for light signals.Or are this devices which can move in a certain m/sec speed, like maybe a lightladder with leds on the track ? I am just let my imagination a free run, because i haven't seen it yet.

best regards,

Robert Heynderickx

Belgium

New Post 12/4/2007 8:16 PM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Dear Robert Heynderickx,

I mean only a special individual ritmics like on the frequency from a metronome and same for light signals, but the use of metronome is not appropriate because you need the acceleration of rhythm.

There is a good application of this technique realised by Carlo Bressan (see metodobressan.com) where it’s used with the help of a computer. In 1996, when my daughter was physical preparation coach of Italian Woman National Basketball Team she worked with him and she was very impressed by the use of this technique.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  speed training for hight level athletes