Next Next
New Post 4/6/2008 6:42 PM
  cojand
14 posts
10th Level Poster

re-peaking for lifting meet 

Dear Professor Verkhoshansky,

I hope this post finds you doing well.

This question pertains to how to "retrain" for an Olympic weightlifting meet that is one month following the meet I was originally training for. Please allow me to explain. Due to an airline cancelation this weekend I missed our National Masters Championships (M55 94Kg) and have to qualify for the Worlds at another meet which is May 3. Since I was training to peak for April 5th, I am asking for advice on how to structure training to "re-peak" on May 3rd. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Mr. Jan DeBenedetto

New Jersey USA

New Post 4/13/2008 11:05 AM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: re-peaking for lifting meet 
Modified By Prof. Verkhoshansky  on 4/14/2008 10:51:43 AM)

Dear Mr. Jan DeBenedetto

sorry if I give you my answer with delay in relation to your needs.

It’s really a big problem to structure your training to “re-peak”, especially if I don’t know you and your preceding training plan.

I thing that in this situation could be only one option: to try to maintain the sport form for all April using the low volume of the high intensity explosive exercises. The low volume means: a few exercises, low sets number and  low number of training sessions in a week.

I think that this kind of training could be similar to the following training session that could be carried out non more than 2 times a week:

1)      2 series of 10 Depth jump from 0.75 m height;

2)      2-3 sets of Power Snatch with the 70-90% weight.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

New Post 4/14/2008 4:34 AM
  cojand
14 posts
10th Level Poster

Re: re-peaking for lifting meet 

Dear Dr. Verkhoshansky,

Thank you for your considered thoughts on the subject. I will put them into action with tomorrows workout.

If I do well enough to qualify for the world Masters Championships at the end of September I would love to get some advice from you as to how to structure my training from May > September. Right now my lifts seem a bit out of balance in that I power clean 102.5kg yet only power snatch 65, snatch 77kg and jerk 95 kg.

Thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Jan DeBenedett

New Jersey USA

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  re-peaking for lifting meet