Login Monday, January 18, 2021
  Search  
Sport Strength Training Methodology   Minimize

New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Shock and Stimulation Method for various parts of the body
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 6/2/2008 8:00 PM
  Dimitry
38 posts
8th Level Poster

Shock and Stimulation Method for various parts of the body 

Hi Dear Professor.

I would ask you something on application of the shock and stimulation method for different parts of the body that the legs.
For example the application of shock method for pecs and biceps in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftkE_Xmzyi0
Could these modalities (ballistic or Rebound bench press and ballistic curl)  be valid for shock method?
In your experience and that of the Russian trainers, was a double activation studied  in the stimulating method for developing strength?
For example a activation (Tonic) of isometric+shock method before set of maximal strength (Developing):

2 X 180 second Isometric Push-up

2 X 180 second Isometric Dip

{15 reps X 70 lbs Rebound Bench Press+

1 rep X 90-95% Bench Press} X Failure (5 min rest between supersets).

Demetrio Frattarelli, Italy.

New Post 6/17/2008 11:23 AM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: Shock and Stimulation Method for various parts of the body 

Dear Demetrio Frattarelli,

1. The training method showed in the video is not a Shock Method application. It’s quite difficult for me to express an opinion about this kind of exercise, but I’m sure that they cannot be useful for the Explosive Strength and Reactive capacity development.

2. You can read about the Shock Method application for different parts of the body in my Italian book “Tutto sul Metodo d’Urto”. But be aware, all these applications were elaborated for the Olympic sport disciplines, not for Bodybuilding.

3. I don’t remember Russian researches that regard the use of isometric + shock method exercise as the stimulators before the maximal strength exercise execution. Try to use this method and to control the result of the last exercise, it could be an interesting research. 

Yuri Verkhoshansky

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Shock and Stimulation Method for various parts of the body