Login Monday, January 18, 2021
  Search  
Sport Strength Training Methodology   Minimize

New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  developing energy systems for soccer in conjuction with shock training
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 6/24/2008 12:19 AM
  Warren
22 posts
9th Level Poster

developing energy systems for soccer in conjuction with shock training 

Hi Dr. Verkhoshansky,

I would like to thank you for your valuable knowledge that you share with all your readers. It is truly a blessing. When using  block training for soccer, would each block A overlap into block B and C?  Each energy system would be developed and then overlap into the next block. I was watching the Euro cup with my daughter and the team from Russia and Germany play at a tempo that is tremendous. They seemed to make runs with great  energy reserve.

Would it be possible for you to give tthe readers an example how this would apply with your block system and shock training?

Warren Buirch

USA, NJ

New Post 7/10/2008 4:51 PM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: developing energy systems for soccer in conjuction with shock training 

Dear Warren Buirch,

1. When using  block training for soccer, would each block A overlap into block B and C? 

Yes, using block training for soccer (and also for any other sport) each block A overlap into block B and C. This is the principle of Superimposition.

2. Would it be possible for you to give the readers an example how this would apply with your block system and shock training?

It’s very difficult, may be impossible, to design the universal application of Block Training System for soccer because of competition calendar particularities and the different team’s level. For these and other reasons, in my opinion the Block Training System has to be designed working together with the team coach.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  developing energy systems for soccer in conjuction with shock training