Login Thursday, November 26, 2020
  Search  
Sport Strength Training Methodology   Minimize

New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  BTS for weightlifting, box jump and injury/ impact resistance.
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 12/5/2011 7:48 PM
  bobbyatopk
1 posts
No Ranking

BTS for weightlifting, box jump and injury/ impact resistance. 
Hey, I was wondering what people think of this as a conjugate sequence for weightlifting, box jump, injury prevention and absorbing of impact (changing direction and falling from height). I know this may be diluting the specificity of the program having so many goals? But they may all be similar enough goals as to not interfere with the efficacy of the program?

BLOCK A (3 weeks, 3 sessions per week) - preparation phase and to stimulate morphological adaptations in the muscle and contribute to max strength gains
exercises and training means used (one session usually includes exercises 1 and one of the other 4):
1. light-ish clean and jerk and snatch sessions to maintain technique (done at the beginning of most sessions)
2. back squat- 2-3 sets of 5 - 10 (predominantly using sets of 5, and back squats on most sessions) aim for PBs
3. front squat- 2-3 sets of 5 (less frequent than back squat)
4. front squat from rack (focusing on my sticking point) sets of 3 (treat as assistance exercise to be done occasionally after the other exercises.
5. clean pull sets of 5
6. light jumping exercises on off days.

BLOCK B (3 weeks, 2 - 3 sessions per week) - to stimulate adaptations in the CNS and increase maximal strength.
1. clean and jerk and snatch aiming for PBs on some days and doing miniums on heavy back squat days.
2. back squat- 2-3 sets of 1-3 (at the begining of the phase do sets of 3 and build up to sets of 1 on the last week) aim for PBs
3. front squat- 2-3 sets of 1 - 3 (less frequent than back squat) aim for PBs
4. front squat from rack (focusing on my sticking point) sets of 3 (treat as assistance exercise to be done occasionally after the other exercises.
5. clean pull sets of 1 - 3

BLOCK C (3 weeks) explosive strength and RFD phase
1. clean and jerk and snatch aiming for PBs
2. Power snatch singles aiming for PBs
3. stimulation method: 90% set of 3 squat followed by building up to a maximum box jump.
4. front squat and back squat sets of 1-3 at 90% - 100% of 1rm (to maintain max strength)
5. last week do a Depth jump session from 0.75 meters.

TEST WEEK
1. simulated weightlifting competition
2. test max box jump
3. text max vertical jump

What do people think of this? Should i do a De-load week, where i do only light exercises between the blocks?
my current PBs @ 74kg bodyweight are:
box jump: 57 inches
vertical jump: 35 inches
snatch: 102.5kg
clean and jerk: 115kg (weak front squat compared to pull ability)
back squat 145kg
front squat 122.5kg

I will let you know my gains at the end. In the mean time i would like any input i can get! I plan on trying the same thing again when I'm finished. Except i will use only 1 week blocks and do two of the condensed cycles in a row.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  BTS for weightlifting, box jump and injury/ impact resistance.