Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 5/1/2008 8:30 PM
  Warren
22 posts
9th Level Poster

team models 

Prof. Verkhoshansky,

I would like to thnak you for sharing your knowledge on your website. I am coach in the US for football and basketball. I know in the Eastern European sports and in Russia, coaches and sports scientist develop team models for their sports teams. Could you show us an example how team such as basketball or soccer would use your block training through out the year and how a coach would manipulate their practice to fit into the model of training. I know team models were very precise when the former USSR was researching and dominating sporting events.

Thank you again!

Warren Buirch

New Jersey, USA

New Post 5/26/2008 6:29 PM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: team models 

Dear Warren Buirch,

It’s necessary to distinguish the “team models” that regards the structure of the performance of each team players and the training plan models.

Usually, the “team models” has to be designed on the base of the aims assigned to each player (for example: to increase the effectiveness of specific technical-tactical actions and specific physical preparation parameters) that allow to reach the specific goals of whole team (usually, to win the match with the most important concurrent team).

This is a difficult job that is usually made by sport researchers that work with the national team coach.

Could you show us an example how team such as basketball or soccer would use your block training through out the year and how a coach would manipulate their practice to fit into the model of training.

It needs to write a big article to answer your question. There is an example of this kind of training program in the thread “Conditioning and VJ improvement for Basketball”.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  team models