Login Monday, January 18, 2021
  Search  
Sport Strength Training Methodology   Minimize

New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  The importance of maximun recruitmen in hypertrophy training
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 6/6/2008 3:13 AM
  ferreo
5 posts
No Ranking

The importance of maximun recruitmen in hypertrophy training 
Modified By Prof. Verkhoshansky  on 6/17/2008 10:15:51 AM)

I'd like to know your thoughts about the importance of recruit and put under the stimulus as much fibers as possible. Specifically, what are your opinion about the concept of stop a set when speed slow down (and thus, you are recruiting less fibers) contrary to performing to failure or short of it.

The idea would be to put under tension as much fibers as possible and, by the management of fatigue, performing more work/time.

Thank you for your attention.

Ferreo Ivan, Spain

(Admin add: Every post of this Forum has to be signed with first, last name and country of the author)

New Post 6/17/2008 11:18 AM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: The importance of maximun recruitmen in hypertrophy training 

Dear Fereo Ivan,

I prefer more the “stop and set” variant, but I think that sometimes it’s possible to use also the “failure”.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

New Post 6/21/2008 1:42 PM
  ferreo
5 posts
No Ranking

Prof. Verkhoshansky wrote

Dear Fereo Ivan,

I prefer more the “stop and set” variant, but I think that sometimes it’s possible to use also the “failure”.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

Aha, so you think that stopping a set when the "quality" (speed) of the reps slow down is a good approach also in hypertrophy training.

Prof. Verkhoshansky, I'd like that you recommend me some training books. I have read various of yours and they're great and plenty of information.

Which other coaches' books do you like related to training?. Is there any decent hypertrophy training book?.

New Post 6/21/2008 1:43 PM
  ferreo
5 posts
No Ranking

Sorry, I forgot the name and country.

Iván Tormos, Spain.

New Post 7/1/2008 6:43 AM
  HumbleLearner
7 posts
No Ranking

One of the things that I've read is that the muscles in your body recieves 43 percent more tension in the eccentric phase of the lift rather than the positive. More tension equals to more hypertrophy. It's only logical to emphasize the negative part of the rep to provide maximum hypertrophy...

New Post 7/1/2008 6:44 AM
  HumbleLearner
7 posts
No Ranking

HumbleLearner wrote
One of the things that I've read is that the muscles in your body recieves 43 percent more tension in the eccentric phase of the lift rather than the positive. More tension equals to more hypertrophy. It's only logical to emphasize the negative part of the rep to provide maximum hypertrophy...

I apologize. I forgot to put my name and country.

Brian Terrenio, United States of America.

New Post 7/4/2008 11:48 PM
  Tassos
6 posts
No Ranking

ferreo wrote

I'd like to know your thoughts about the importance of recruit and put under the stimulus as much fibers as possible. Specifically, what are your opinion about the concept of stop a set when speed slow down (and thus, you are recruiting less fibers) contrary to performing to failure or short of it.

The idea would be to put under tension as much fibers as possible and, by the management of fatigue, performing more work/time.

Thank you for your attention.

Ferreo Ivan, Spain

(Admin add: Every post of this Forum has to be signed with first, last name and country of the author)

Hello there.

I think I have seen this concept written somewhere.
Seems to be ok.  But there are not clear-cut explanations for this.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  The importance of maximun recruitmen in hypertrophy training