New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Sprint Training Books
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 6/14/2008 6:22 AM
  cobrar1994
1 posts
No Ranking

Sprint Training Books 

Prof. Verkhoshansky or anybody else who might know. There was a post on here from a man who says he trains himself for the 400 meter dash. Prof. Verkhoshansky, you said to this man that he better get a qualified coach or become an expert at training himself which leads me to my question. Before I shell out money on books that I dont need, let me just ask. What are the most important books that will help me become an expert in underderstanding how to develop a world class sprinter?

Remus Furr

California, Ca

New Post 7/11/2008 10:02 AM
  Linas
11 posts
10th Level Poster

Re: Sprint Training Books 
There are many books to read, but firstly I would suggest you to read "Running: Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology Applied in Practice" with Ronald Klomp. Frans Bosch is a professor of biomechanics motor learning at Fontys University for Applied Science in the Netherlands and he is also of co-author of this book.
To become an expert needs a lot of knowledge, just firstly need to start from basics and then move to more specific things. We can read many books, many articles and so on, but still it doesnt mean we will become a qualified coaches. The most challenging thing is to apply all that theory, all knowledge into practice with the aim to get optimal results. Each athlete is individual, with individual adaptation capacity to certine training and individual recovery time after certine training loads. To control training process applied to individual athlete, in my opinion, coach should have at least 10-15 years of experience coaching higher level athletes. Great coach should have and intuition wich he develops during coaching period. Theory, practice, common-sense should go all together.
Use your common-sense when reading something, dont believe in everything what is written, try to find an expert coach who has a great experience with sprinters and if its possible comunicate with him trying to get as much valid information as possible.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Sprint Training Books