Login Friday, January 15, 2021
  Search  
Sport Strength Training Methodology   Minimize

New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Variant 3 Jump Force program from SST book
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 7/4/2008 10:35 PM
  Graham
5 posts
www.ukathletics.com
No Ranking

Variant 3 Jump Force program from SST book 

Dear Prof. Verkhoshansky,

I plan on using the Variant 3 program listed in your book: Special Strength Training - A Practical Manual for Coaches. It is used to perfect the "jump force" of an athlete. There are 3 workouts a week for a duration of 5 weeks, and the exercises you use in the program are Barbell Squats, Squat Jumps with bar & kettlebell, Depth Jumps, and drop jumps. My question is this: would it still be ok to incorporate other lifts into this program like the power clean or power snatch? Thanks for any help.

Graham C.

USA

New Post 7/10/2008 4:50 PM
  Prof. Verkhoshansky
245 posts
www.verkhoshansky.com
1st Level Poster

Re: Variant 3 Jump Force program from SST book 

Dear Graham,

1. This program was elaborated for high level soviet T&F jumpers who didn’t use Weightlifting exercises as SST means. For athletes who constantly use the weightlifting exercises, it’s necessary to remake this program.

I am not sure that it is right to incorporate other lifts into this program. May be, it’s possible to use Weightlifting exercises in the GPP training stage before you start this program.

2. In my texts, the terminus “depth jumps” and “drop jumps” are used as synonyms of Shock Method jumps: jump in depth with rebound aloft executed with the aim to take off as high as possible.

Yuri Verkhoshansky

Previous Previous

Next Next
  New Forum  Old forum threa...  General  Variant 3 Jump Force program from SST book